There are lots of procedures to change your Caller ID to private .but for now lets go by the steps listed below.
Hide your number through your device’s settings.
Many phones allow you to block your Caller ID information by changing the phone’s settings. If your phone does not have the option to do this, then it is not allowed by your carrier, and you will have to try THE NEXT steps.
- iPhone – Open the Settings app, tap Phone, tap Show My Caller ID, and then toggle the slider to ON.
- Android 4.0 and earlier – Open the Settings app, tap Call, tap “Additional settings”, tap Caller ID, and then tap “Hide number”.
- Android 4.1 and later – Open the Phone app, tap the Menu button, tap “Call settings”, tap Caller ID, tap “Hide number”.
- Windows Phone 8 – Open the Phone app, tap the More button (…), tap “settings”, tap the box under “Show my caller ID to”, tap “no one” or “my contacts.
- BlackBerry – Press the Menu key, click Options, click General Options, find the Restrict My Identity field, set it to Always. ( credits to wiki ) OR
1. Dial 1333 and follow the voice prompt.
2. Key in your MTN phone number on the prompt
3. Key in a new 4 digits pincode you want to use as your new code
4. After the call, send a text message in the format “Clir activate pincode” to 1333
6. Now go to your phone’s call settings and “Hide Caller Identity”
Note: ensure that you have GH¢2.00 of airtime recharged on your SIM card before you go ahead with step 4 – because MTN will have to take their charge of GH¢2.00 on monthly basis